Friday, January 10, 2020

January 10 - 23, 1980

Smash Hits, January 10, 1979
(click on the image to see the full issue)

Cover: The Pretenders
Centrespread: Pink Floyd
Back cover: The Clash
Interviews: The Pretenders; Mike Oldfield; The Selector
Lyrics: Day Trip To Bangor - Fiddler's Dram; Tears Of A Clown - The Beat; Too Much Too Young - The Specials; Union City Blue - Blondie; Moonlight And Muzak - M; I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Dollar; I Have A Dream - Abba; With You I'm Born Again - Billy Preston & Syreeta; Please Don't Go - KC & the Sunshine Band; I'm Born Again - Boney M; My Girl - Madness; The Walk - The Inmates; What Do I Get? - Buzzcocks; John, I'm Only Dancing - David Bowie
Bitz: Elvis Costello; Squeeze; The Inmates; Star Trek: The Motion Picture; The Cure; Jo Callis's all-time top ten
Single reviews: I Hear You Now - Jon & Vangelis; Spirits Having Flown - Bee Gees; My Girl - Madness
Album reviews: no room....Red Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment