Thursday, November 1, 2018

November 1978

Smash Hits, November 1978
(click on the image to see the full issue)

Cover: Blondie
Centrespread: Boomtown Rats
Back cover: Abba
Interviews: Boomtown Rats; Rose Royce; Siouxsie & the Banshees
Gossip: Clash; Blondie; Stranglers; Roxy Music; Jilted John
Lyrics: Ever Fallen In Live - Buzzcocks; Grease - Frankie Valli; Summer Nights / You're The One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John; Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Rose Royce; Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie & the Banshees; Blame It On The Boogie - The Jacksons; Three Times A Lady - The Commodores; Rat Trap - Boomtown Rats; Now That We've Found Love - Third World; Dreadlock Holiday - 10cc; Where Did Our Love Go - Manhattan Transfer; I Can't Stop Lovin' You - Leo Sayer; Until You Come Back To Me - Johnny Matthis & Deniece Williams; Lucky Stars - Dean Friedman; Top Of The Pops - Rezillos; Summer Night City - Abba; You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) - Sylvester

2 comments:

  1. Late 1978, Shawbury, Shropshire. Walking through the village to get the school bus, I called in at the newsagent with a friend to get some sweets and saw this first issue of Smash Hits. I only had 15p, so my mate chipped in 10p to get it on the proviso that we shared ownership. I loved it so much I bought out his share the next day, and bought every issue until some time in 1982. Many thanks for all these fantastic memories - all my copies were thrown away in the mid-1980s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Grease" song lyrics, it's great. The "Grease" soundtrack was the first record my parents bought me when I was a child. So many found memories. ;)

    ReplyDelete